Monday

1960's Retro and LooseButtons




Recently added to my Etsy shop, New Retro 1960s patterns. Some of you may remember the days when ladies started to leave the home for careers. If you recall, we were only allowed to wear "smart" suits or dress. Absolutly "NO" pants in the work place.
We matained our modesty ladies, no bra straps,clevage or slips showing and the skirts had to be just above the knee. Wow! Much has changed and not always for the better I might add.
These Retro Patterns were a main stay for we girls. Back in those days to be a succesful house wife, you had to not only be able to cook and clean, but be able to mend your families cloths and sew your own outfits.
I remember my mother would tell my sister and I. "I will buy you all the fabric you need, but you have to sew your own cloths". Not a bad idea looking back on it now. Sewing saved my mom money, and we girls could buy shoes with the money we saved.
Today, my passion is sewing and I have developed a nice little business from that skill earliest taught by Dear Ole MOM! Thanks MOM!

No comments: