Tuesday

1940 Style


1940's Style....Total Glam
Gene Tierney, Evening Gown and Cape.  What a beauty.   I recently attended an event with the Art Deco Society of Los Angles.  Some of the costume the ladies were wearing were absolutly stunning, very similar to what Gene Tierney is wearing here.  
      Looking high and low I have been searching estate sales, on the web or the Vintage Fashion Expos for anything 1920, 30's or my favorite 1940s in my size.  I just can't seem to find anything.   When I do find something, it is either so tatered, stained  or priced so high I can't begin to afford it.  So I have decided it is time to sew my own vintage costumes especially made for me.
My collection of Vintage sewing patterns has grown to just a few shoe boxes full to containers full, some are rare for sure.  I love each and everyone of them and I have saved them from the landfills and that makes me even feel better about keeping them.   Check out my Etsy shop for some of my vintage patterns.

No comments: